Wednesday, March 29, 2006

in a bubble

OMG! I just had the BEST religieuse EVER! I regret I didn't have my camera because it was also the nicest I've ever seen. zut! So I decided to treat myself and go to the Plaza Athéné and have tea with a pastry signed by Mister World Cup 2005, Christophe Michalak. I opted for the chestnut religieuse, and I must say it was the best religieuse I ever had. Pâte à choux filled with a chestnut pastry cream, perfectly balanced, not too sweet, just enough chestnut. The glaze was a suttle mauve with a perfect mini rosace of buttercream with the tiniest piece of chestnut topped with gold leaf. I could've eaten 5 in a row...! I was in a little bubble, enjoying it fully. So few weeks left to try and enjoy some of Paris unique treats.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

si jamais tu ramènes du chocolat à st-lambert, tu penseras à ta petite cousine !!!!
marie claude ! bisous

10:31 p.m.  
Blogger johanne said...

on dirait que paris est une gigantesque patisserie...avec tous ces desserts que tu nous presente...on a l'eau a la bouche rien qu'en te lisant...

12:46 a.m.  
Blogger Matthew V said...

Um, "a pastry signed by Mister World Cup 2005"??

How much extra does it cost to have one signed? Don't they taste even better before he sticks a pen in them?

3:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home