Thursday, April 06, 2006

no KK


this is no Krispy Kreme donut. This is from la pâtisserie Julien in the 15th and it was DE-Lish! It was so moist and just coated with sugar. really good!

Besides that, I've been going to pastry shops to check out what they have for Easter this year. Nothing exciting anywhere I must say... I was kind of disapointed. Fauchon has a really taky looking diamond shaped egg(but I must say it is presented in a beautiful box...), La Durée has a lot of eggs, chickens and rabbits, but they also have 3 special macarons with chocolate chips on them. Red, green and orange. As for where I work, there's nothing special, and I'm quite disapointed... Eggs made with swirls of chocolate(all too thick) and traditional chicken and bells molds. I mean where do the chocolate bells come from anyway? so PH on this one is disapointing me... but the Montebello(my personal favorite cake,pistachio dacquoise, filled with pistachio mousseline(buttercream with crème pâtissière) topped with strawberries) is back for the season, and new macarons are comming up. More on that later this week.


There was a staff night on tuesday. We went bowling. It was fun. I got to chat, I mean really chat with M. Hermé. it was weired, he gave me compliments, it was sureal...! anwyay, but I'm comming back home, but I'll definetly keep in touch with these people. Here's just a few guys with whom I work with, Julien(macarons), Lucas(chocolaterie) and Fabien(tarts at Bonaparte, he took my place).

4 Comments:

Blogger appelsj said...

Fabien is cute!

7:35 p.m.  
Blogger michelle said...

I know what you mean about being disappointed by easter stuff. Where are the exciting things? (Other than mini eggs, which are always exciting.)
We miss you. Have a great spring!

5:26 a.m.  
Blogger Matthew V said...

I can't imagine that chocolate being too thick. I'm going to have to ask you to reconsider on that one. Thick chocolate, thick swirls of chocolate, and eggs made with thick swirls of chocolate all sound good from where I'm sitting.

There's a bakery near one of my schools where I get fresh doughnuts sometimes. Their main attraction is being oily and fresh, though. Old, they hold little appeal.
(I totally enjoy a fresh Krispy Kreme too, though. Don't hate on the KK.)

3:09 p.m.  
Blogger Mapie said...

You are wearing the bracelet I got you for your bday, how cool! I am glad you like it x

12:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home